Thursday, January 29, 2015

I thought I might start to actually use this blog a bit. Better than troubling my Facebook friends.

So, I am an MFA student at the University of Arkansas. I teach writing classes and get poor student evaluations. I trained to be a high school English teacher, and I once was a middle school Latin teacher, but that didn't work out.

I play video games and worry about whether God exists or not. The problem with this is that, if you believe, you can't really know. I didn't see Christ's resurrection, or the Miracle of the Sun, so I can never really be sure, and I will always have a voice in the back of my head that says, "Wishful thinking." I am having that thought particularly strongly at the moment. Maybe that's why I want to write.

Don't think, though, I am like that former 7th Day Adventist pastor who decided to "spend a year" as an atheist and then, lo and behold, at the end, he decided he was an atheist. I mean by this that I am not the type of Christian who is teetering on the edge of unbelief. I think, I was going to become an atheist, I would have done so about 14 years ago. If I have gotten along this long, I will probably keep professing the faith in spite of my doubts.

I have interested in philosophy of religion for several years now. I dabble in that sometimes. I am not particularly good at that kind of thought, but it is a matter of the utmost importance, so I don't think there is any option for someone like me but to at least try to keep abreast of it.

I just finished playing Driver: San Fransico, which was pretty good. You don't see much creativity with gameplay mechanics like that these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment